Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Texas Governor Rick Perry Troubled By Tone Of The President

Republican Gov. Rick Perry (Texas) said he was “a bit troubled by the tone of the president” after meeting with President Obama on Monday.

“I don’t mind telling you I was a bit troubled today by the tone of the president,” he said at a meeting for the Republican Governors Association.

Obama spoke to both Democratic and Republican governors on Monday at the White House about issues including the minimum wage, the defense budget, education and energy issues.

For the president of the United States to look Democrat and Republican governors in the eye and say ‘I do not trust you to make decisions in your state about education, about transportation-infrastructure,’ that is really troubling,” Perry said.

Several governors voiced concern on Monday about the Obama administration’s decision to shrink the National Guard. Perry accused Obama of making a political statement in defending the decision.
“He said in that meeting, If I hear any of you pushing back, about making statements about Washington spends too much money, you’ll hear from me,’ ” Perry said. “If I’m a Democrat governor, if I’m a Republican governor, I’m highly offended by that. I will suggest that making a political statement about the Guard is not in the best long-term interests of this country.”


Perry has served as governor of Texas since 2000, and won’t seek reelection this year. Over the last few days, he’s hinted at another possible presidential run in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment